Under general direction, plans, directs, and coordinates future community development activities, including:
• Achieving city objectives as defined by City’s Comprehensive Plan.
• Enhancing property values (residential and commercial)
• Promoting efficient & orderly development of private properties.
• Seek out businesses, housing development, and green space opportunities that match the community's vision & needs.
• Ensure development coordinates with currently established locally owned businesses.
• Develop & implement growth strategies that improve the welfare of the community as a whole
• Direct research and analysis of technical information of proposed expansions and developments for impact on infrastructure and financial impact.
• Complete grants and proposals to secure funding for community initiatives.
• Develop & Manage budgets and fiscal reporting for community development projects
• Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders serving as a liaison with government officials, business leaders, and community members.
• Advocate for policies and regulations that support community development goals.
• Keep up to date on trends and best practices in community development and legislation around community development.
• Understand zoning, regulations, and land-use planning
Skill & knowledge
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
• Exceptional leadership and management skills
• Effective oral and written communication and negotiation skills
• Strong business acumen
• Detail-oriented and persuasive
• Ability to work in a team environment or independently.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
• History of successfully initiating New Sales Contacts for commercial and residentials
• Track Record on Successful Grant Proposals
• Consistent and timely responses to inquiries
• Be flexible to ever-changing needs and environments.
• Ability to interpret federal & state & local policies, laws, and regulations
• Working knowledge of federal-local government code for general law city
• Class C driver's license
• Eligibility to be bonded
• Must reside in Somervell County within 6 months of job start.
• Meet standards of municipal hiring practices
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, or related field, MBA a plus, and minimum of 5 years of proven business development, marketing or sales experience.
• Any combination of knowledge, experience, and skills may be considered as a qualification for the position.
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook). Knowledge of Muni-code a plus
• Required to attend evening meetings
• Must be willing to travel both locally and nationally
• This position is considered essential and is required to respond to area-wide emergencies
• This position shall be considered exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act