Parttime Animal Control Officer
Location: City of Glen Rose Animal Control
Job Status: Parttime Position
Details: Pay rate DOE
Job Description Summary
The Animal Control Officer shall protect residents from and educate the community about stray or vicious animals and related diseases. The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; and maintain appropriate necessary certifications. Works 32 hours or less per week with a schedule as dictated by the needs of the job. Often involves holidays and weekends. Subject to emergency call-outs.
EXAMPLES OF JOB DUTIES:
- Maintains animal holding facilities, grounds, vehicle(s), and equipment in accordance with state and local regulations (including painting, cleaning and daily care of the animals).
- Educates the community regarding stray and vicious animals and diseases.
- Patrols within the city limits for stray, injured, diseased or vicious animals and responds to citizen concerns regarding the same.
- Responds to emergency situations, such as cruelty to animal concerns, animal bites and scratch cases (including quarantine), poisonous or dangerous animals, within the city limits and investigating citizen concerns for the same.
- Removes dead animals, transporting and disposing of properly, including apprehending, lifting and carrying animals.
- Captures, impounds, and handles disposition of animals. Performs euthanasia, using humane methods.
- Maintains up-to-date records and files on animals collected, care and disposition of each animal
- Issues verbal warnings regarding animal violations and enforces state and local laws related to animals. Makes court appearances as required.
- Maintains a neat appearance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works 30 hours per week or less with a schedule as dictated by the needs of the job.
- Often involves holidays and weekends.
- Subject to emergency call-outs.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Texas Class “C” Driver’s License and clear driving record.
You may apply online or at City Hall.
Please contact Stephanie Ritchie for more information at email@example.com.