Oakdale Park Manager
JOB TITLE: Oakdale Park Manager
DEPARTMENTS: Oakdale Park
REPORTS TO: City Administrator
The basic function of the Park Manager is to provide the leadership and direction necessary to sustain the Park’s growth and meet financial, operational, customer relations and other goals. They must be able to seek new opportunities to expand services, develop new markets and to add new services for our guests. The manager will oversee and direct all aspects of the Park, concentrating on operation processes and procedures, capital investments, design, construction, historic preservation, financial accounting and reporting, budget, personnel management and the public image of Oakdale Park.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- To carry out the goals, plans, and missions of the Glen Rose City Council for Oakdale Park
- To control the management direction, culture and purpose of Oakdale Park
- To attain or exceed the established revenue goals
- To attain or exceed the established profit goals
- To ensure that all actions of Oakdale Park are accomplished in an ethical manner
- To maintain and increase Oakdale Park’s functionality, services and stature in the community and with our guests
- To manage the assets of Oakdale Park
- To serve as the voice of Oakdale Park in the community and industry
- Maintain the financial stability and condition of Oakdale Park
- Insure the overall success of the Park
- Maintain adequate cash availability for Oakdale Park
- Personally, maintain cordial customer service, vendor, community and public relations.
- Establish standards for customer service, quality of work and turn-around times that meet or exceed guest’s expectations; develop systems, procedures and personnel skills that ensure the standards will be consistently met
- Review financial reports to be sure Park personnel are controlling costs to achieve designated operating profit
- Be responsible for Oakdale Park’s annual operating budget
- Evaluate employees on an annual basis
- Attend trade shows or association events, seminars and meetings either to enhance professional knowledge or to promote the Park
- Keep employees informed on those matters that affect the successful performance of their jobs
- Review financial and operational reports to determine current actual status versus weekly, monthly and annual goals
- Hire, fire, discipline and make wage adjustment recommendations for personnel who report to this position.
- Establish and approve new business developments and expansion strategies
- Ensure that Oakdale Park complies with all local, state and federal laws and statutes regarding taxes, labor laws, safety and other agency regulations
- Delegate responsibilities to the personnel in a manner that they understand their functions while control is maintained by the Park Manager through accountability. Even though responsibilities and duties may be delegated, the final authority and responsibility rest with the Park Manager
- Make it understood in the Park that the customer and the quality of service and safety is the priority and that each person in the Park must support that priority
- Review various products, services, options, advertising and ventures to increase the Park’s business volume and profit
- Maintain a high-profile public image to keep Oakdale Park in the forefront of the community and industry
- Any other duties or tasks as may be assigned by the City Administrator
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Texas Class “C” Driver’s License
- Basic understanding of park management
- Two (2) or more years as park manager or assistant park manager for two (2) or more years preferable
- Bachelor’s degree preferable
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Requires a highly organized person who can monitor numerous projects at once and who can prioritize the workloads of reporting employees
- Requires the ability to mold and motivate the entity as a whole to achieve the goals established
- Requires the ability to produce revenue forecasts and operating budgets and then attain those goals for the year
- Requires a dynamic individual with the ability and skills to represent the Park in situations
- Requires the ability to communicate to all members of the community in a manner that achieves understanding of the Park
- Requires a proven track record with successful years of revenue growth, asset development, financial control and budget management under his/her leadership
- Has a basic knowledge of the Park operations, personnel management, construction principals, bidding processes, specifications and techniques
$44,507 – $60,843 (DOQ)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
The City of Glen Rose will conduct ongoing screenings of applications on a first come, first serve basis. As soon as we determine to have a qualified pool of applicants, this position may close quickly and without notice after a three-business-day minimum posting.
You may apply online or at City Hall.
Please contact Stephanie Ritchie for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.