Types of Projects
Permits and inspections are required for, but not limited to:
- Accessory buildings, to include all sheds, carports, gazebos, garages, porches, etc.
- Outside sprinkler systems, both residential and commercial
- Roof repair/replacement (not required if only shingles are replaced)
- Garage, yard and estate sales
- Repairs/replacement to plumbing, electrical, heating, and air conditioning systems
- Sign installation or replacement/upgrade
- New commercial and residential construction
- Additions to any structure
- Renovations to any structure
- Foundation repairs
Permits are required for Building, Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical and Irrigation. All permit types are required for New Construction. Repair and remodels require permitting based on type of work being accomplished.
Failure to Obtain Permits
Failure to obtain a permit increases the fee by double, and you could be ordered to remove the work done.
Obtaining a Permit
Permits are issued by the Code Enforcement Office. All permits must be paid for at City Hall by either cash, check or credit card (+ 3% processing fee for credit card).