Located about an hour outside of the DFW Metroplex, full of adventure, Glen Rose is the perfect getaway with something for everyone.
For the explorers, take a step back in time and explore our Dinosaur Tracks, take a horseback ride or hike the trails at Dinosaur Valley State Park. Take a peek at our Petrified Wood Buildings along our quiet country roads, tube, kayak, or fish the rivers and visit our Big Rocks! Feed a giraffe, check out the cheetah, and be wild about Wildebeest at Fossil Rim Wildlife Center. Enjoy the arts and music scene (If if you didn’t know, we ARE the Bluegrass Capital of Texas!). Grab a show at the Texas Amphitheatre or explore our rich history and take a tour through our many museums or self guided walking tour.
Looking for relaxation? Take a leisurely stroll along our scenic River Walk, wade in the Paluxy River, breathe in the fresh air, take in some bird watching and find a golden-cheeked warbler, be awed by the giant sky full of stars or catch 36 holes at Squaw Valley Golf Course. There’s so many ways to find your happy place here!
Hungry? Bring out your inner foodie! With no big chain, and limited fast food restaurants in Glen Rose, you’ll have a wide variety of amazing local fare to enjoy! Have a BIG burger, a delicious Italian dinner, smoky BBQ, or down home delights among the many options. For dessert, enjoy a slice of pie that grandma would approve of, a classic handcrafted soda, towering ice cream sundae, or enjoy a glass of local wine on our quaint historic square.
There’s too much to do in just a day! Did we mention we have Dinosaur Tracks?? Let us help you plan your overnight stay. Call our office at 254-897-3081!
What can the Glen Rose Convention & Visitors Bureau do for you?
The Glen Rose Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) is a friendly and welcoming group of enthusiastic professionals committed to making your event the one people talk about for years to come, and want to come back to each year. Offering all-encompassing service for your group’s needs, we at the Glen Rose Convention and Visitors Bureau are here to help you at every step along the way.
Among the many areas of expertise, a CVB:
– Encourages groups to hold meetings/events in the city
– Provides promotional material to encourage attendance
– Assists groups with meeting/event preparations
– Acts as a liaison between the groups and local entities
– Assists groups with information and support for city services
– Assists in establishing room blocks for hotels
Most importantly, the CVB serves as the official point of contact for meeting/event planners. Planning professionals have access to a range of services and value-added extras through the bureau.
What are some of the specific services the CVB offers planners?
– Unbiased information about services and facilities in Glen Rose
– Serve as a vast information database and a one-stop shop
– Act as a liaison between the planner and the community
– Help attendees maximize their free time through assistance in coordinating activities
– Provide hotel room counts and meeting space statistics
– Funding Grant Opportunities
Let us help you make a memorable event! Call us at 254-897-3081