Big Rocks Park
About the Park
To comply with social distancing requirements imposed by Governor Abbott, Big Rocks Park in Glen Rose will close Thursday, 7/2/2020 at 5 pm through 8 am Monday, 7/6/20 by order of the mayor to protect the health and safety of the public. The park will be closed each Friday – Monday moving forward until further notice.
Located on the Paluxy River, Big Rocks Park is full of unusually large rocks. There are plenty of shallow areas for children to climb, explore and play. Families can enjoy swimming and cooling off from the Texas heat or enjoy lunch sitting underneath the trees. There are plenty of areas to walk along the Paluxy. Enjoy taking in the beautiful sights and sounds of Glen Rose. The park is completely free!
**Things you should know**
- No alcohol is allowed at the park
- No BBQ grilling or fires are allowed at the park
- Friendly pets on a leash are welcome
- Camping is not allowed at the park
- Please keep up with your trash and help keep Glen Rose clean!
1014 SW Barnard St.
Open 8:00 AM – 10:00 PM (will be closed if flooding)
CVB (254) 897-3081