Permits and/or inspections are required for various activities occurring within the City:
- Garage Sales
- Bed and Breakfasts
- Transient Merchants and Street Vendors
- Food Vendors and Mobile Food Vendors
- Accessory Buildings
- Signs (permanent and temporary)
- Serving alcoholic beverages in public places
- Building Demolition and Construction Projects
- Work performed by building, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and irrigation contractors
- Back-flow prevention devices
- Outdoor burning
All permits, except Garage Sale permits, are issued by the Code Compliance Office. Failure to secure the permits and/or inspections required by the City may result in fines and/or legal action.
Glen Rose uses the 2018 edition of all the international codes and the 2017 National Electrical Code (NEC), both with local amendments. In addition, we follow the Public Works Construction Standards produced by the North Central Texas Council of Governments.