Trash Collection and Disposal

The City of Glen Rose contracts with Frontier Waste Solutions for trash collection services. For questions about service, please contact our Utility Billing Department.

Residential Curbside Collection

95-gallon poly carts are provided for all residential customers. To ensure that your trash is picked up, poly carts should be placed at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on your collection day. After collection, carts should be removed from the street at the customer’s earliest convenience.  If you are unable to move your poly cart due to physical limitations, please contact City Hall for assistance.

Carts should be placed at the curb, at least 4 feet away from any objects (car, mailbox, tree) with the handle facing your house and the lid opening facing the street to reduce spillage.  Please bag your trash in order to help keep our community litter free!

Hazardous Materials – Please do not dispose of the following in your trash cart: chemicals, corrosive liquids or materials, flammable liquids or materials, explosive liquids or materials, biomedical liquids or materials, or other toxic materials. Please dispose of sharps (such as diabetic needles) in a thick, hard plastic container before putting them in your trash cart to protect solid waste employees.

Commercial Collection

Commercial customers may choose to use poly carts or dumpsters, depending on their needs. All dumpsters must be located in an enclosure.

Commercial collection may begin as early as 6:00 a.m.

Quarterly Residential Bulk Pick-Up

Frontier will provide curbside bulky item pick-up on a quarterly basis.  Customers do not need to sign up in advance.

Tuesday customers will receive bulk service on the first Friday in January, April, July, and October.

2023 Dates: January 6, April 7, July 7, and October 6

Wednesday customers will receive bulk service on the second Friday in January, April, July, and October.

2023 Dates: January 13, April 14, July 14, and October 13

Collection Guidelines

  • Bulky items must be light enough to be loaded by one person
  • Bulky items combined can be no larger than 3 cubic yards. In general, a household stove is approximately 1 cubic yard; a standard truck bed is 2 cubic yards.
  • Bulky items may be no larger than 3 feet x 3 feet x 4 feet.
  • Smaller items should be placed in a box or container to make them easier to load.
  • Items such as newspapers, rugs, small sections of carpet, or limbs should be bundled.
  • Tree limbs and logs must be less than 4 inches in diameter, less than 4 feet long, and less than 50 pounds.
  • Bagged yard waste may be placed in your cart on your scheduled pickup day with the lid closed. NO BLACK BAGS.

Acceptable Bulky Items

  • Furniture – tables, sofas, chairs, lawn furniture, etc.
  • Appliances – washing machines, dryers, stoves, water heaters, etc.
  • Refrigerators, Freezers, A/C Units – IMPORTANT! Items MUST be tagged with proof of Freon removal by a certified technician.
  • Miscellaneous items including TVs, large toys, basketball goals, sports equipment, bikes, etc.  Children’s toys must be labeled “Bulky Item” so that items are not mistakenly placed in the trash.

Unacceptable Bulky Items

  • Construction material from remodeling projects – please call Frontier for a roll-off container or special pick-up.
  • Dirt, bricks, rocks, concrete, sand, and shingles
  • Stumps, branches, or tree limbs that are larger than 4 inches in diameter, longer than 4 feet, or weigh more than 50 pounds.
  • Batteries, tires, and pressurized tanks, i.e. propane, helium, oxygen, acetylene, etc.
  • Oils of any kind, gas, diesel, or other fuel, paint, chemicals, solvents, or other hazardous materials.

If you have a large amount of bulky waste, brush, remodeling or construction debris, etc., please contact Frontier Waste to discuss your needs.

Roll-Off Dumpsters for Construction Sites

Anyone needing a roll-off for a construction site or for other purposes should contact Frontier Waste Solutions as the City’s grants that firm exclusive right to provide this and other trash collection services within the City.

Somervell County Transfer Station

Single-family residential customers may dispose of up to 4 cubic yards of garbage at the Somervell County Transfer Station twice per year for free.  Residents must contact the Utility Billing Department to obtain a voucher prior to using their free visit.

Clean cardboard, metal, motor oil, and auto and marine batteries may be dropped off for recycling at no charge.

Outdoor Burn Permit

Under certain circumstances, you may be able to dispose of brush within the City by securing an Outdoor Burn Permit.